You are Form 0, Phoenix: The Eternal.
"And The Phoenix's cycle had reached
zenith, so he consumed himself in fire. He
emerged from his own ashes, to be forever
Some examples of the Phoenix Form are Quetzalcoatl (Aztec), Shiva (Indian), and Ra-Atum (Egyptian). The Phoenix is associated with the concept of life, the number 0, and the element of fire. His sign is the eclipsed sun.
As a member of Form 0, you are a determined individual. You tend to keep your sense of optomism, even through tough times and have a positive outlook on most situations. You have a way of looking at going through life as a journey that you can constantly learn from. Phoenixes are the best friends to have because they cheer people up easily.
Which Mythological Form Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
Meme-age, which I scavenged from Ms. Pants cos it's wicked:
--Think of a picture you’d like to see from me.
--Leave whatever you’d like to see in the comments; things around the house, whatever, stuff that's easily photographed.
--Once I have enough requests, I’ll start posting them.
--If I can’t feasibly take a photograph of what you'd like to see, I'll let you know and you'll be welcome to give me another option or to tell me to piss off.
--If you ask for something that is pervy and/or I'm not up for it, I'll make fun of you publically. Or not.
PROGRESS (only cos I woke up at 4am): I took heaps of shots last night and had a ball, although none of them are uploaded yet as
I fell asleep watching Law and Order sexy!hubby had to work on the USB-enabled 'puter, and now that puter is virus-checkin'.
(Which is also another reason I don't always get to emails quickly - they all get downloaded to that puter, and I only have mail2web and 1 day worth of server time to get to them on this side of the room.)
Other pics may take a day or two - Harvey, I think yours may require a fake tan. Were just coming out of winter here, yo. And mikey, I went for the flush, but I don't think it will answer your question - there was no 'spiralling'. Maybe I'll have to run a bath and let that out to capture it... And Helen... you evil chick *wink*. Believe me, there are WAY too many frumpy pics of me at my mum's place, mainly cos I was a extremely tardy bloomer.
Oooh. Goldie said 'bloomer'.
Excerpt: So since I'm low on ideas around here, I'm stealing a meme from the lovely Goldie! But i'm expanding on it. Because, well I can. And I want to. Here it is. Pick something you want me to take a...
Tracked: October 1, 2004 06:50 AM
Excerpt: Guest Blogging is closed. I'll open it again soon but I don't want to leave it unattended TOO long and...
Tracked: October 2, 2004 05:07 PM
Excerpt: Ok, so I was wandering around blogland and came upon the DramaQueen blog [love the name] and found a meme she did that I thought rocked. So, I'm stealing it. Best part is, you guys get to dictate ;). So, here it is: ***Think of a picture you’d li...
Weblog: Cause I Like to Hear Myself Talk
Tracked: October 5, 2004 02:06 PM
Don't know the drill? The embolded things are stuff I've done. Not to say that I don't have plans to do some of the other stuff. I'm finding it just as interesting to see what people haven't done though...
You get 50 points if you read the whole thing.More »
01. Bought everyone in the pub a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins (I'm phobic of fish/mammalian aquatic beings)
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula.
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Done a striptease
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long, and watch the sun rise (It's called snogging in the park on a warm summer night. It's also called going to a rave)
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (Do herbs count? I think they do - I'm growing capsicums this year)
19. Touched an iceberg
20. Slept under the stars
21. Changed a baby's diaper
22. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
23. Watched a meteor shower
24. Gotten drunk on champagne
25. Given more than you can afford to charity
26. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
27. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment (I read a text from my hubby in the middle of a lecture and burst out laughing right in the middle of a very serious debate between a peer and the lecturer)
28. Had a food fight
29. Bet on a winning horse
30. Taken a sick day when you're not ill (Aha. That's the lie-detector question)
31. Asked out a stranger
32. Had a snowball fight (I don't live in snow country)
33. Photocopied your bottom on the office photocopier
34. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
35. Held a lamb
36. Enacted a favorite fantasy
37. Taken a midnight skinny dip
38. Taken an ice cold bath
39. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
40. Seen a total eclipse
41. Ridden a roller coaster
42. Hit a home run (Or equivalent of - a 6 in cricket - I get to take poetic licence with this one cos baseball isn't one of our national sports)
43. Fit three weeks miraculously into three days
44. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
45. Adopted an accent for an entire day
46. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
47. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
48. Had two hard drives for your computer
49. Visited all 50 states (Which 50 states? Where are these 50 states *feigns puzzled look*)
50. Loved your job for all accounts
51. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
52. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
53. Had amazing friends
54. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
55. Watched wild whales (Even though they scare the bejeebus and then some out of me)
56. Stolen a sign
57. Backpacked in Europe (WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!)
58. Taken a road-trip
59. Rock climbing
60. Lied to foreign government's official in that country to avoid notice
61. Midnight walk on the beach
62. Sky diving
63. Visited Ireland (No doubt it will happen though - irish hubby and all)
64. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love
65. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
66. Visited Japan
67. Benchpressed your own weight
68. Milked a cow
69. Alphabetized your records
70. Pretended to be a superhero (My mum owned a costuume business)
71. Sung karaoke
72. Lounged around in bed all day
73. Posed nude in front of strangers
74. Scuba diving (Nope. I hear there are fish when you go scuba diving)
75. Got it on to "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye
76. Kissed in the rain
77. Played in the mud
78. Played in the rain
79. Gone to a drive-in theater
80. Done something you should regret, but don't regret it
81. Visited the Great Wall of China
82. Discovered that someone who's not supposed to have known about your blog has discovered your blog
83. Dropped Windows in favor of something better
84. Started a business
85. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
86. Toured ancient sites
87. Taken a martial arts class
88. Swordfought for the honor of a woman
89. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
90. Gotten married
91. Been in a movie
92. Crashed a party
93. Loved someone you shouldn't have (I married him too)
94. Kissed someone so passionately it made them dizzy
95. Gotten divorced
96. Had sex at the office
97. Gone without food for 5 days
98. Made cookies from scratch
99. Won first prize in a costume contest
100. Ridden a gondola in Venice
101. Gotten a tattoo
102. Found that the texture of some materials can turn you on
103. Rafted the Snake River (Again, where is this?)
104. Been on television news programs as an "expert"
105. Got flowers for no reason
106. Masturbated in a public place
107. Got so drunk you don't remember anything
108. Been addicted to some form of illegal drug
109. Performed on stage
110. Been to Las Vegas
111. Recorded music
112. Eaten shark
113. Had a one-night stand
114. Gone to Thailand
115. Seen Siouxsie live
116. Bought a house
117. Been in a combat zone
118. Buried one/both of your parents
119. Shaved or waxed your pubic hair off
120. Been on a cruise ship
121. Spoken more than one language fluently
122. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
123. Bounced a check
124. Performed in Rocky Horror
125. Read - and understood - your credit report
126. Raised children
127. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
128. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour (I met Damon Albarn of Blur at the Hilton when they toured here though *le sigh*)
129. Created and named your own constellation of stars
130. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
131. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
132. Called or written your Congress person
133. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over (No, but hubby has)
134. ...more than once? - More than thrice?
135. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
136. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
137. Had an abortion or your female partner did
138. Had plastic surgery
139. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived.
140. Wrote articles for a large publication (It's a living)
141. Lost over 100 pounds
142. Held someone while they were having a flashback
143. Piloted an airplane
144. Petted a stingray
145. Broken someone's heart
146. Helped an animal give birth
147. Been fired or laid off from a job
148. Won money on a T.V. game show
149. Broken a bone
150. Killed a human being
151. Gone on an African photo safari
152. Ridden a motorcycle
153. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100mph
154. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
155. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
156. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
157. Ridden a horse
158. Had major surgery
159. Had sex on a moving train
160. Had a snake as a pet
161. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
162. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
163. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
164. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
165. Visited all 7 continents
166. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
167. Eaten kangaroo meat
168. Fallen in love at an ancient Mayan burial ground (Ok... WTF??? This is just getting ridiculous)
169. Been a sperm or egg donor
170. Eaten sushi
171. Had your picture in the newspaper
172. Had 2 (or more) healthy romantic relationships for over a year in your lifetime
173. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
174. Gotten someone fired for their actions
175. Gone back to school
177. Changed your name
178. Petted a cockroach
179. Eaten fried green tomatoes
180. Read The Iliad
181. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read (Many more than one)
182. Dined in a restaurant and stolen silverware, plates, cups because your apartment needed them
183. ...and gotten 86'ed from the restaurant because you did it so many times, they figured out it was you
184. Taught yourself an art from scratch
185. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
186. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
187. Skipped all your school reunions (not on purpose)
188. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
189. Been elected to public office
190. Written your own computer language
191. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
192. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
193. Built your own PC from parts
194. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
195. Had a booth at a street fair
196: Dyed your hair
197: Been a DJ
198: Found out someone was going to dump you via LiveJournal
199: Written your own role playing game
200: Been arrested
So many of these mention travel outside of my own country. I WILL DO IT SOON OR DIE TRYING FOLKS *grrrr*.« I'm finished
Excerpt: Found at Goldie's: Things I've done are in bold - don't expect much, though I suspect a lot of these come with age... 01. Bought everyone in the pub a drink 02. Swam with wild dolphins. No, but they played around the boat for about 30 minutes:...
Tracked: September 28, 2004 12:15 AM
The Saturday 8 ('cept it's really Sunday down under):
1. How many people have you dated that were not naturalised citizens of your country?
Quite a few actually. My husband was born in Ireland and is half Irish/half Dutch, and a Canadian citizen (Vancouver for 7 years). Plus I dated another Irish guy (a resident but not a citizen), a Liverpudlian and a Scottish bloke. It got to the point when people would see me eyeing off a guy and they'd ask "Does he have an accent? Cos if not, he won't be Goldie's type." But it wasn't on purpose, I swear!!!
2. Have you ever dated someone that was not of your race? How did that work out?
3. How many different countries have you visited?
To borrow Gennie's response, "Sadly, none. I plan to remedy that one day." Yes. I guess I need a passport first. It doesn't help that sexy!hubby has been just about EVERYWHERE *grrr*
4. If you could go to a specific country of your choice ... no expenses spared ... where would go visit, and why?
Well Ireland of course. Maybe we'll go with rachel and Gary. sexy!hubby actually wants to take me to Vancouver first though.
5. My favourite food is Greek food (i'm American). What is your favourite international flavour?
In Aus we have sooo many different cuisines, especially Asian due to its proximity and the amount of Asian people living here, so we get treated to all sorts of amazing cuisines. I adore Thai, Indian and Japanese, and I also LOVE Mexican and Italian. YUM!
6. I love French and Indian movies. What other countries' movies do you enjoy?
Like Gennie, I love British/Irish movies. I grew up with them. I don't much like Aussie movies lately (blasphemy!), but I adored Muriel's Wedding and Priscilla =D. I also love French films (Amelie, the Apartment and Betty Blue to name a couple) no matter how cliched that may sound. I don't mind American movies on average, but what a generalisation that is! Eg, American indie cinema is FABULOUS, while the mainstream stuff averages OK. Depends on what genre you like I guess.
7. How many other languages do you speak besides your native language?
I can speak a little Italian. I'd love to live in France and learn the language from the locals like a friend of mine did.
8. Do you have international friends, and what countries do they come from?
To borrow another response from Gennie, "Thanks to the internet and this blog, I have friends from all over the world. And I love you all! :)" Ditto babe! *mwah*!
Hmmm. I can live with that. However I'm still incensed they used Wilma Flintsone as one of their other Sexy Cartoon Chicks. You think they would have at least gone with Pebbles.
UPDATE: yep G-Fry, Pebbles and Bam Bam grew up and had their own cartoons as Harvey said. And she was a lil hottie!
The other options included Jess Rabbit (who certainly IS drawn that way) and Daphne from Scooby Doo, who I always thought was a bit of a hornbag really, behind all that mysteriousness of course. However I can't remember the other one... obviously she wasn't any good.
...but this isn't ridiculous at all.
|Doctor Unheimlich has diagnosed me with|
|Cause:||allergy to civet cats|
|Symptoms:||mild hypothermia, floating hair, seeing dead people, photophobia|
|Cure:||infect someone else|
OK, I should be all better now.
Although no one could accuse me of photophobia. *ahem*